Repair or Alteration
Repair & Alteration Information
If there is any question about the cost or feasibility of an alteration or repair, contact Yana Dee before payment is made, and before the garment is mailed to or left at the store.
- Turnaround time is 4 weeks.
- We will only take possession of the affected garment(s), after alterations or repairs have been approved and paid in full.
- We only repair and alter original Yana Dee items. Garments not sewn and sold by Yana and her team are excluded from our repair & alteration services.
- For alterations of new items, first consider placing a custom order for a new garment, made to your specifications. This is usually more cost-efficient and just as timely.
- Alterations must be requested within 30 days of the original purchase date.
- Repairs can be done anytime after the original purchase date.
- For repairs and alterations, please consider utilizing a local repair or alteration service. This may be more realistic, effective, timely, and/or cost efficient.
Common Repairs & Alterations - $25
The following repairs and alterations are the most common and feasible.
- Shortening a skirt, dress, or sleeve length
- Adjusting a wrap skirt to fit a smaller waist
- Patching over a hole or stain (usually with a coordinating color heart patch)
- Repairing a torn or ripped seam
Complimentary Repairs & Alterations - $0
We stand behind our products, so the following repairs are always complimentary.
- Snap replacement
- Drawstring replacement
- Items purchased within the past 30 days, unworn, unwashed, and found to be damaged at the time of purchase (Sale items excluded; garment inspection is required before processing)
In-store pickup is free for complimentary repairs.
Shipping may be at the cost of the customer or Yana Dee, depending on the circumstances of the sale and repair. This should be agreed upon before the garment is mailed to or left at the store.
Conditional Repairs & Alterations - $TBD
The following repairs and alterations are more complicated. These may be complimentary, or subject to additional fees. Feasibility approval and price approval from Yana are needed on a case-by-case basis for the following repairs & alterations.
- Adding any material (other than a patch). This includes:
- Adding a ruffle
- Adding a bell sleeve
- Making a dress or skirt longer
- Making an item bigger
- Adding a drawstring or changing closure
- Changing the style or design of a piece.
- Repairing once or twice worn and washed items that have become damaged. Sometimes this is an error in construction, sometimes this is from improper care or rough wear.
Excluded Alterations - Not Possible
The following repairs and alterations are not possible.
- "Flattening" the shoulders of a straight weave dress
- "Flattening" the pocket of a straight weave pocket skirt
- Shortening a zipper
Please Contact with Any Questions!
Please don't hesitate to contact us! We can:
- Answer questions before you place a custom order
- Help you shop with advise and personal testimonials
- Tell you about product details like current sizes, colors, and styles in stock
- Clarity policies, sale details, and more
- Tell you when your package will ship by
- Elaborate on care instructions.
Please add us to your contact list so our reply does not end up in your spam folder!
Call or text
Yana Dee Ethical Apparel
157 E Front Street
Traverse City MI 49684.
You can direct message us, comment on our posts, or tag us in your posts and stories.
You can message us, comment on our posts and pictures, or tag us in your posts and pictures.
We really love when you share pictures or stories about your Yana Dee clothes on Facebook & Instagram! Thank you for being a part of our slow fashion community.